Thursday 1 November 2012

Christmas Crafting

Helloooooo

What a busy bee I have been...he he   its half term and I am in Wales lots of walking and more importantly lots of crafting......
Last Saturday I went to a friends Scrapbooking crop and although I didn't do very much scrapbooking Carole showed us this little beauty........
Its a Christmas Planner

Its made using proper bookbinding method which makes it look so professional. You take two pieces of card 13.5cmm x 10cm and one piece 13.5cmm x 2.5cm which you glue to your chosen DSP mine is from the totally gorgeous Snow Festival DSP from Stampin'Up.

 You add a piece of DSP to the inside, stick on a piece to make a sleeve for your removable planner, which is made using a bind it all machine. I have made soo many books with this, its got to be one of my favourite all time buys.......

We made a pocket for the left hand side to pop receipts in or a list holder and there you have it a little Christmas planner you can use year after year... Thanks Carole........
Of course when I got home I hade to make a couple more.......


 For this one I made a proper notebook which can be removed and used independantly and I added a matching mini pen. I also changed how I attached the sleeve for the notepad. Instead of gluing it to the top layer I tucked it under the back piece of DSP before attaching it to the holder. It made it much easier to remove the notepad and reinsert it.



 I love this owl design it is sooo cute, for this one I just made a removable notepad, although I may add a pocket at a later date who knows!!!!


Anyhoo I hope you like and feel inspired as I did to make a few as gifts, of course they don't have to be Christmas ones I can see lots more in the making especially looking at all the gorgeous new DSP in Stampin'Ups new catalogue....
Want some? give me a call or e-mail me, free postage and free catalogue on orders over £50....

Thanks for stopping by...
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment