Monday 17 November 2014

Owl Christmas Decoration

Well Helloooo

I wanted to make an owl cushion, but my fabric
is still packed away, (from our house move) so instead I decided to make an owl out of cardboard...
I didn't intend for it to be a Christmas decoration that's just how it turned out....lol


I cut out two owl bodies from Soft Suede 12" x 12" cardstock, I cut the wings out of retired Christmas Stampin'Up dsp, I love this one and it matched perfectly, the eyes were cut from Crushed Curry, Whisper White and Basic Black cardstocks using the 2 1/2" circle, 1" circle and the 3/4" punches.
I made the banner using the Perfect Pennants punch and Cherry Cobbler cardstock. the letters were from The Just Perfect Alphabet stamped in Cherry Cobbler and punched out using the 1" punch. They are strung together using Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.
 
I went around all the outside edges with an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker doing faux stitching. I stuck the two bodies together leaving a small gap and after waiting for the glue to dry I put some soft stuffing inside and glued the gap shut
 
Then to hang it up I used some Baked Brown Sugar Thick Bakers Twine, the cute bow was made using the lush new Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon, it is really gorgeous and makes beautiful bows.
 
I was surprised at how much fun this was to make hope you like...

No comments:

Post a Comment