Friday 26 June 2015

Wetlands - Thinking Of You

Hey there, welcome back,

I've been having a bit of trouble doing this post, the internet is a bit wobbly...lol..
So what have I been up to.....I have been doing the technique where you colour your acrylic block using your Stampin'Write Markers, then spritz it with water and you get a beautiful water colour effect background....I really love it..



The colours I used here are Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Crumb Cake.


 Then I masked off the edges using Post It notes..


 And stamped the little birds, the grass and the sentiment from the Wetlands set.


 Next I mounted it on the card base which is the New thick Whisper White.


And as the card is 6" x 7" I made my own envelope using the Envelope Punch Board, and of course stamped the little birds on the flap.


Such a beautiful set, I really don't tire of seeing these gorgeous images....




If you are thinking of doing this technique I would recommend Whisper White Card Stock as it soaks up the liquid to give that beautiful water colour effect, other card stocks don't work as well and the pens need to be water based, permanent markers won't work.
Check out this video HERE for more help.



So I hope you liked, thanks for stopping by....
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment