Sunday 27 September 2015

Halloween Treats Basket

Hello and welcome back....

Today I have been making baskets using the Berry Basket Bigz L, I have had this die for some time and I can't believe I have not used it until now!!! I have cut out several for Halloween and while I had the Big Shot out I thought I might as well cut a few Christmas ones as well....

I cut some Pumpkin Pie Card Stock 5" x 8 1/4" which fits over the die with minimum wastage. You will need two of these as you will put it through the Big Shot twice. (although I put them both through together and they cut through fine)


You will get two scalloped pieces and two plain pieces, you can  use either, I chose the scalloped pieces. Then before I stuck them together I stamped the Basket, Trim and Handle with the Hardwood stamp, I masked off the bottom of the basket with Post It notes as I wanted it to be plain.



The Trim has two score lines which you can crease and you used the little tabs to stick the two pieces of trim together. You then stick the two main pieces to the trim one at a time. Lastly you add the handle, I attached mine with some tiny brads.


Then you can decorate them as you like, I stamped some white tissue paper with pumpkins and put that in the basket before adding some bags of treats.


Then I made a tag using the scalloped Tag Topper punch, added a pumpkin and some leaves and an oval which I stamped first with the Hardwood Stamp and then with Happy Halloween from the Stamp Set And Many More.



All finished, you may be able to see that one basket is stamped and the other is not... I definitely prefer the stamped basket....what about you?




Thanks for stopping by....
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment