Saturday 21 November 2015

Christmas Card in a Box

Hello and welcome back....

Do you remember this?
 
Its a card in a Box, this one was made using the From Land to Sea Stamp Set, well ever since I made this I have been itching to make a Christmas themed one. I love these Cards in a Box and the awesome thing is they fold flat to go in an envelope, so not too heavy on the postage...lol


How cute is this....I have to admin I used a retired set in the making of this card, Holiday Home is one of those sets which you just can't let go and it works so well in this card. The other set I have used is Peaceful Pines which is just gorgeous and it has a matching set of dies, my favourite kind of stamp set...lol. Saying that both sets are easy to fussy cut, lots of straight lines....

 
 
So the card box itself is very easy to make, I used a piece of Real Red card 4" x 12" and scored it at 2", 5 1/2", 7 1/2" and 11" along the long side, then turning it around I scored at 2" on the short side, (which is basically in half). So then you cut up the score lines on the long side to the middle score line and fold down the two small tabs and one large tab leaving one large tab not folded down, this will be the back of the card box.

 
Don't worry if you fold all the tabs down, I put a piece of Soft Sky card which I had stamped and embossed with little white snowflakes in the back for the sky and also a piece of whisper White on the very back to write a message on, so that holds it upright.


Once you have stuck he card box together you need to make two dividers to stick all your elements to. I used two pieces of Real Red card 1" x 4 11/16" and scored them at 5/8" each end. These then get stuck inside the box flush with the top. I usually put the back one in first and then the second one is easier to go in.


So that is the basic box, now all you have to do is decorate it.


I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White in Choc Chip added a wooden snowflake and a pine sprig.

 
 The houses I stamped in versamark on Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake and embossed them with White embossing powder.
 
 
I stamped the trees in Old Olive, Mossy Meadow and Always Artichoke, there are six tree in the stamp set, I did two in each colour.

 
These are such a lot of fun to make, you can add as much or as little as you want, check back tomorrow for a snowman card in a box...


Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment