Monday 4 April 2016

Day 1 Picture Perfect - Hummingbird Birthday Blooms

Hello and welcome back to a sunny rainy Monday....

Well it can't make up its mind here, not that we have had that much rain just short sharp showers....lol.  So to brighten things up this week I am using the Picture Perfect stamp set, which has 4 images, a Hummingbird, a Flower, a Leaf and a Starfish, the stamp set has 18 stamps because this is a two step stamping stamp set. 




So to stamp the Hummingbird there are 4 stamps giving lots of beautiful detail.


So this is what I created, I stamped the Hummingbird on a separate piece of Whisper White and then cut it out, I used Garden Green, Old Olive and Melon Mambo. You may find practicing on scrap paper with different colour combos useful. I tried to get an authentic colour scheme going but found it really hard to colour up the stamps in the right way so gave up and did my own thing...lol


Love this flower image from Birthday Blooms it is so beautiful and if you check out Pinterest anything goes, I chose Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo for the flowers and Garden green and Old Olive for the leaves. I coloured them in using a blender pen and ink refills.

After I stamped the images I went around it and added some details like the eye I went over it in Basic Black.  stuck the finished bird on to the card with dimensionals.



The sentiment is from the set Birthday Blossoms, love this font.

Product List

I hope you like today's card, thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment