Saturday 14 May 2016

To Boldly Go....Birthday Card

Hello and welcome back...

I have to admit that I love Star Trek even from the very beginning, so when I saw this on Pinterest I just had to make it....



This card is A5 in size, with a base card of Basic Grey and then a layer of Smoky Slate. Then a layer of Basic Black which I have added stars to, I used the Confetti Star Border Punch to punch out the stars from some Whisper White and them I stuck them randomly to the card. What I like about this is that the stars are different sizes.


For the Enterprise I used punches, dies and my trusty Trimmer, I prepared all the pieces, most out of Smoky Slate with a little Real Red and some Whisper White card. I sponged around the edges of all the pieces before I assembled it.



For the saucer part I used the Circles Collection Framelits (also retiring, but being replaced by something hopefully better!) I hand wrote the name and number on the front with a Basic Black Marker Pen.


One of my favourite Birthday Phrases, from Remembering Your Birthday Stamp Set ( also retiring), I love this font and the cute sentiment...

I used:
Saucer Section 3 1/4", 1 7/8" and 1 7/16" Circle dies (or 3rd, 4th and 7th circle die 1 being the smallest)                                                                                                                    
2" x 1 1/4" rectangle tapered down to 7/8" and 1 3/4" x 1" rectangle tapered down to 6/8"
The bit that connects the back to the front  4" x 1/2"
The middle back section is the Extra Large Oval punched in Smoky slate with a bit trimmed off and a white oval placed behind it and trimmed.
The two engines are the Large Oval trimmed with a Real Red Oval behind it.
The joining piece is 3" x 1/2"
And there you have it The USS Starship Enterprise, if you would like to make this all the products used are listed below, Click on any item to go to my on-line store open 24/7 and don't forget to check out the Retired section for some bargains.

Product List

This is a Bitter Sweet time of year for me as a demonstrator, lots of things that I love are retiring but then there are lots of New gorgeous things coming.....
Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X

2 comments:

  1. Not enough words to describe how much I love this card!!! You have done an excellent job recreating the Starship Enterprise! Thank you so much for sharing, I will be referring back to this for definite in the future! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete